About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 4 July 2014

Dans Le Jardin

Had a few hours in the garden this afternoon and jolly glad of the shade of our mega Magnolia tree as it is so hot here in the South East of the UK.

Gosh did I really say that!

I had visited the garden shop this morning so had some new plants to plant.

I was doing my hanging baskets and I needed new plastic liners and what should I come across but this beautiful wrapping, I couldn't resist.

I had saved the wrapping from this parcel back in January (who in their right mind could have thrown it away) and it has been languishing in my cupboard ever since.






OK so you can't really see it in there but I know it is there and I'll think of the sender each time I see it. Bet you didn't imagine its new use Anne.
I also did some running repairs on one basket , sewing the edge back together! And potted up a few other planters too.













And I caught my husband up a ladder, always worth a photo, and yes look at that blue sky, I wasn't kidding about the lovely weather.





And finally a sneaky peak down the side path to the back garden, the Buddleia is lovely this year.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I didn't imagine that BJ but so glad you could recycle and I am remembered. :-) Not so lovely where we are. Your baskets etc look lovely! It does one good to be in the garden!!! :-) x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I'm in LOVE with your back garden. I always enjoy seeing the monthly recap shots, but this was simply STUNNING, since it was all so up close and personal. Now I don't suppose your hubby has a brother who would would be willing to come to the US and help me in my garden (GRIN).

Nan G said...

Lovely lovely garden! Great way to recycle and honor a friend. Hugs

Maria Ontiveros said...

We put some time into the back yard over this long weekend, but it's not nearly as green and lush at yours.
Rinda