About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Summer of Colour - Week 5

This week's colours for the Summer of Colour Challenge are Royal Blue, Red and Light Blue.

I was in fear of missing the deadline so, as I had bought a new Alcohol Ink (AI) in light blue (Pool) recently, I decided to have a go with that and the Red and Blue I already had. (Sail Boat Blue and Red Pepper).

I used some glossy photo paper, dripped the inks on it and used my Timmy Distress Marker Spritzer tool to give it a whoosh about.

I embossed (in keeping with my theme) the piece with swirls. I added a few "lowlights" to the swirls in black permanent marker. I added some Liquid pearls and glitter and even coloured the Washi tape, for attaching it to my DLP journal, with the Pool AI. I also filled in the remaining white space with Blue and Red Sharpie pens.

Can't say it is my favourite piece, but fulfills the criteria methinks.

11 comments:

Cindy McMath said...

Your piece is very pretty and bright!

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful work of art! I loved reading about how you made this, too! A simply gorgeous way to use this week's colors!!!

sheila 77 said...

Lovely abstract with these colours. I enjoyed reading about the materials you used too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your technique, very pretty!

Nan G said...

May not be your fave but it has movement and depth. btw love the way you've marked your ai bottles. How did you, do that?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You're getting a lot of use out of that spritzer, aren't you? The AIs were perfect for these colors. And of course, I like the swirls, and the way you added this to your DLP journal. That book must be getting SO full! Very, very impressive this week, and I agree, it really DOES fulfill the color entry.

Kristin said...

xo

Virginia said...

That is utterly gorgeous!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These turned out great! I love alcohol inks and used them on the dice in my first house.
rinda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lots of motion in your piece! Great vivid colors as well. It has been awhile since I've used alcohol inks. They are fun.

Caz said...

Oh this is lovely, I love the swirly patterns in it!!