About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 16 July 2014

WOYWW #267 - Colour Fest

Some eagle eyed from last week spied my bag of Loom Bands, well the craze gripped me this last week.

My desk moved to the side table in the lounge where I have made loads of bracelets just with the hook. Then I bought a kit with a loom and have made the critters and crosses since.


On my actual desk is my last Summer of Colour piece and my little DLP which is getting mighty full.

This week I had Craft Club in my house and we décopatched wooden spoons.

Also my roll of fancy coloured Duck Tape as I am trying the tape method of wart removal, the NHS even list it as a valid treatment option.

So Yes definitely having a colour fest this week for WOYWW.

17 comments:

jill said...

The spoon are lovely , so bright & cheerful . Happy woyww Jill #19

Jackie said...

Ahh the loom bands!!!!! I have had to purchase some this week and the charms as Charlotte 9 and Henry 6 both have been making some and been given some so I will take Henry's pack and loom when I go and visit his auntie this weekend and Charlotte is coming to stay next weekend so I have supplies at the ready so we can make some together!!!!! Good luck with making yours!!! What you have done looks good
Jackie 12

Evalila said...

Love the colors of your artwork, happy and bright! Happy WOYWW, Evelyn # 54

sandra de said...

Beautiful and bright fun crafts on your desk. You have been super busy. Have a lovely week.
Sandra de @53

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You always have such fab and colourful crafts on the go! I love the fact that anyone can make loom bands, yours are fun :-)
Hugs, LLJ 15 xx

Nikki said...

Your loom bracelets are so bright and colourful so is your desk just a rainbow of bring fun colours :)
Like your time tag there so pretty
Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki 7

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, the loom bands are everywhere aren't they? My granddaughter does them too, gave me and her grampa a couple each last week. The wooden spoons are very colourful.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #64 xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my, those Loom Bands are popping up everywhere. They certainly are colorful and combinations are endless. I love your embossed and brightly colored piece. So fun. The spoons are really nifty too.

Helen said...

gorgeously colourful desk - love the spoons, glad you're still decopatching with another club, lol!! the loom bands are going mad, there were some even on sale at the Newbury artstamps show!! Helen 4

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. You have indeed been having a colour fest! Great pictures this week. Lovely work there, and lots of fun being had. How's the harp playing coming on? Have you had any time for it recently?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

A very colourful desk this week BJ.
Great fun. Happy crafting and have a great week, Angela x #42

Sharon Madson said...

These are colorful projects! I love the decopaged spoons. How fun! TFS
#34

Kelly said...

Lots of colorful projects going on. I love color! If I still had my daycare or Scout troops, I'd probably be on the band craze wagon, too LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #75

Diane said...

Your loom bracelets are super cute and love the wooden spoons.

Hugs Diane

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh aren't the spoons fun! How nice. Am staying away from the loom bands, have enough trouble resisting anything that ends up being a time waster, and I don't need bracelets. But they look fascinating, and the colours really attract me!
I've used the duct tape method to suffocate a couple skin tags..you have to be VERY patient, but it's definitely worth a try!

Denise Price said...

My son and I highly approve of all your Rainbow Loom creations. :)

The Mayo Clinic also endorses the Duct Tape method, although they say it has to be the silver kind of tape. I don't know why. haven't tried this method yet, but it would probably work better than the Do Nothing and Hope it Just Goes Away method, which I am trying right now for a plantar wart. :)

Karen said...

I think I must be the only person in town who hasn't had a go at loom bands :D Little illie is keeping me supplied with bracelets though!!! These all look gorgeous tho BJ. AND I love those sppons, HUG xxx