About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Summer of Colour - Week 4

Oh such a gorgeous pallet to play with yet again. The colours for the Summer of Colour challenge this week are Pink, Apple Green & Dark Green.

A big huge thank you to Louise Robertson over on the DLP facebook group for inspiring me this week. She mentioned that the Journal 52 prompt for week 26 was "Under the Sea". Also the Timmy Tag this month happens to be on the same theme so I got to work.

I picked out some Apple Green card and embossed its edge using parts of embossing folders and the Tim Holtz diffuser plates in my Cuttlebug. I inked the raised bits and clear heat embossed them (all in keeping with my embossing theme for this year!)

I cut the fish from Pink and Dark Green card and crackle painted them. Added a bit of stenciled plants. Then out came the liquid pearls, hmmm went to town a little with these.

I photographed my DLP page with the piece of colour co-ordinated paper I found too and my new Washi tape from Sainsbury's which I bought today. So I have managed a combined Summer of Colour, Journal 52 and Timmy Tag inspired page all in one. What a great way to start the month.

22 comments:

Louise Robertson said...

thankyou for giving me a mention, so pleased that i was able to help you and your fish page is gorgeous.

looking forward to seeing more of your lovely artwork

sheila 77 said...

Love your two fish and the sea-ferns and the raised bubbles, this is really good, it's such an attractive picture.
Sainsbury's sells Washi tape does it, I must have a look, thanks!

Laila said...

Lovely piece of art.

Kristin said...

xo

TwinkleToes2day said...

Such a pretty pretty page! :D
Love the washi, :D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I admit, you did a bang up job by combining all those prompts and colors and turning this one layout into a work of art. So appealing. Now so many of your challenges have been met this week, so that's a perfect way to call them completed. Too bad you didn't have a quote or lyrics that would fit for the Craft Barn Challenge.

I'm with Mo. That washi tape is beautiful. It's something I might have to try to make, since it's a bit out of my price range.

GlorV1 said...

Love your page. Well done.
gloria

Joyce said...

love this page in your journal, would be very interesting to see every page, thanks for sharing

kat said...

Oh very pretty, you did a great job with these lovely colours!

DVArtist said...

Under the Sea is so lovely. The fish are awesome!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

sue :) said...

Super fish in your under the sea page.

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty! Valerie

Denise Price said...

Excellent! I love those shimmery fish and pearly bubbles.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a gorgeous work of art! I love the fish and how you created them with crackle paint! You used this week's soc colors with such creativity!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful work - I wish I could reach out and hold it!
I'm putting the finishing touches on my house soon.
Rinda

massofhair said...

Fantastic when you can complete many challenges with just one page. I have tried to find the washi tape in my local Sainsburys but they are not stocking it. A friend very kindly sent me some!

Love your choice of theme and use of this weeks colours :-) xx

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely use of this week's SOC colours!

Linda Kunsman said...

great project for your challenges-love those SOC colors this week-I'm also loving your washi tapes:)

Christine said...

lovely use of the colours!

Caz said...

This is so delightful, I especially like the pink fish!

Virginia said...

Pretty pages

Carmen said...

Another gorgeous page BJ - fabulous serendipity too that all the challenges fell into place like that. Don't you love it when that happens :)