About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 11 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #09 - Interests

I is for Interests

Bit rushed again and didn't quite get my page done before midnight, but before I went to bed, so that sort of counts doesn't it?

The technique was to use metal today so I made my backing solely of metal, both my Aluminium Loft Insulation Tape and my Copper Anti-slug tape (I kid you not!)

As I didn't wish to emboss my tag directly nor add extra card, I just embossed the tape with its backing on and then peeled the backing off and attached the strips to the tag. Some parts of the pattern tore in a couple of places but I managed to mend it while sticking it down. I ran my metal tools over the seams and the edges.

I aged the aluminium with black paint dabber and polished off. I stuck the letters and the scripture strips on with Pinflair and hope it will stick. I have my acrylic blocks and Cuttlebug on top of it - perhaps I'll leave it over night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your page. How did you do the embossing? I've never done it before but I so want to try it after seeing this beautiful page.

Bernice Hopper said...

This is fantastic. Love it.