About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 14 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #13 - Mindfulness

M is for Mindfulness

I think "M" ought to have been for "Messy" as I can't get my stencil cleaned up after this technique!  And I broke a corner off it in the process! Oh well. Also the stencil got stuck on the paint and lifted the backing paper off with it too. All far too messy for me really but I had a go, and the effect is kinda cool.





It was another page with a flap and I mirrored the pattern underneath again. I put the scripture under the flap too. I had to resort to cutting new letters for this word despite painstakingly finding used ones, but they just wouldn't fit the page.

5 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Love the colors and I think that cleaning some stencils is quite hard to not damage them in the process. Hope you have a great day, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Unknown said...

I love the effect that you achieved. And M is for messy anytime with me. I don't think I have anything left that doesn't have a bit of paint on it as far as clothes, furniture, stencils, .....ME...LOL. But for me that's half the fun.

Gibby Frogett said...

What a naughty stencil - still it was worth it all in the end - another great page. Hope you are feeling better now too and think I saw somewhere it's your birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY have a great day.. Gill x

Tracy said...

I love the background and the way you highlighted a few flowers. And M is always for messy. Even when I wear gloves I manage to get paint on me one way or another. Like the time I was dying something, my glove sprang a leak, and my hand was magenta to the wrist :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh because I remember how much you dislike being messy with paint and inks. Glad you tried the technique, though.