About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 22 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #21 - Unique

U is for Unique

Gave up trying to sleep at 4am and was poised for today's prompt at 5am and finished by 7am! Here's my desk mid-page to show you how I store my unused diecut letters.

I popped my pokey tool on the tray as this is one of my favorite tools although the pointy tweezers are probably joint top on my list now.

Nice to get my brayer out, it is seldom used but great of today's technique, which was to dollup acrylic paint on a scrunched up plastic bag and print your backing from there. I didn't use enough paint so had to do it several times!



Hope you can see that the whole double page spread now reads, "Self Image, Try Unique", how's that for luck? I finished off the tag using yesterday's technique (stamping border with parts of other stamps), to sort of tie it together in the double pocket. I used dragonflies as opposed to butterflies and handwrote my scripture, partly as my typewriter was a bit too noisy for the early hours and partly as my handwriting is unique to me.








The stamp I used on the front was a seed head flower and the back was the crown from the little girl on my "G" page. I stamped the girl as well but initially had her upside down which was quite a pain with archival ink which I quickly tried to wipe off, but had to cover in more paint and then re-stamp her!

I used my sepia glossy accents on the words and diecuts and platinum glitter all around. Journaling left for another day again, well that's me UNIQUE.

No comments: