About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 2 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #02

Day 2 of Bernice's Gratitude Journal prompts and inspiration and the technique was circles or squares. I went with circles... Always been meaning to make myself a circle stencil, so at last the push to make one. I got out a piece of packaging acetate and rounded the corners. Then got the Big Bite out and made big and small holes.

 
I used it ramdomly with a baby wipe to remove distress ink. Also dipped the baby wipe in pearlescent lilac paint and did some more. Loving this technique learnt at Neil's "Sew Trew" workshop. Wish I could find a white pen that works though!


The sunshine made me happy again today, also go some new coloured lights for outside the house this Christmas and shopping went without a hitch and I even got a queueless checkout - Yippee.
 

5 comments:

SandeeNC said...

A gratitude journal is such a wonderful thing. Loving your home made stencil! What kind of white pen are you using? I love my Marvy Marker and Reminisce pen, they are my 2 favorites! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Redanne said...

It certainly is a very effective technique BJ and really loving your Big Bite, not seen one of those for ages and a great idea for making stencils too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Fishcake_random said...

Your page has such a dreamy feel to it BJ
x x x

Anne Payne said...

I love the purples! Great page.

Shoshi said...

I wonder which white pen you are using, BJ. I use a Uni-Ball Signo Broad UM-153 Gel Ink Pen 1.0mm Tip - I get these from Tiger Pens, which is an excellent site for all sorts of pens. It's a roller-ball type pen with water-based ink, and it works very well, but you have to seal anything water-based before writing on top or it will pick up the colour - I use a spray fixative (see my blog post about my completed Remembrance art journal page when I upload it!). I find it works best if you don't press too hard. Hope this helps!

I love the soft muted lilac colours of this page. It's beautiful. Circles always work for me!!

Shoshi