About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #07

Thought I could take a break today as the technique on "An Attitude of Gratitude" is to make your own stencil and I had made one on Day 2. Thought I'd have a go at another one all the same. I had to make a tag shaped stencil as I don't have a base tray for my Sizzix Movers and Shapers.
I know the base of the tag die is actually a base tray and when the glue wears away I'll be able to use it as such but couldn't prise it off today.  Managed to get 3 butterflies on it and added some Big Bite holes to jazz it up a bit.
Just HAD to use something from my "Happy Mail" (Thanks Bernice) - the 2 bigger butterflies. It also included some dictionary pages which prompted me to tear some appropriate words out of an old dictionary I am using for journaling to go with today's scripture.
 
Better get on with some housework, all this art journaling it taking up alot of time! Oops better have lunch first, where does the time go?

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, love your stencil - clever idea to add the Big Bite holes and they look perfect around the butterflies. Those butterflies from Bernice are stunning and I like the use of the dictionary papers. Elizabeth xx

Bridget Larsen said...

What a great idea about a stencil, love it and will be making a few for myself
Bridget #8

Bernice Hopper said...

Love the mix of the stencil and the butterfly toppers

Dawn said...

Another glorious page sweetie, I love the colour combo and your own individual stencil. Those butterflies are so sweet too and really finish off your page beautifully.
Huge hugs x x x x

SandeeNC said...

Loving the butterfly stencil, your page looks fabulous! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

scrappymo! said...

Great page...lovin' the butterflies!!!

Daniella said...

It looks beautiful! I have to check this out for sure!
xxDaniella#35

Unknown said...

Love these pages here. Do you like the liquid distress? Haven't been able to find it around here, I use the stamp pads..#94

Shoshi said...

Wow BJ, I luuuve this page, and your fabulous butterfly stencil! I must make myself a butterfly stencil. I love the subtle colours, and the spots between the butterflies, and also the bdeautiful Bible text. It's gorgeous.

Shoshi

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Those butterflies really look fantastic! Love your stencil! :)