About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 10 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #10

Today we are looking at emotions, on "An Attitude of Gratitude". Mine are a bit of a rollercoaster over a month let alone over years so I had to depict them as such. I used Distress Stains (Frayed Burlap and Tea Stain) for the backing again, nice and quick and good coverage. Edged with some Mustard Seed and Gathered Twigs. The stars were cut on my Cuttlebug from previously Dylusion sprayed papers.
 
I got out my trusty newly made circle stencil for the top with gold paint, all happy and sparkly. For the bottom I used an alphabet one with clay paint all jumbled up and confused.

I know the remit was just positive emotions but to me life is just a mixture of both.  I liked the quote for today about emotions being like waves, you can't stop them coming but you can choose which to surf. Sometimes this isn't all that easy but a nice thought. I was drawn to the New King James version for the Scripture again, don't know why as I am a New International Version girl really. The technique was hearts or stars and as I used hearts on day 5, stars it had to be.

Can't believe we are a third through this challenge already. What a wonderful journey.

8 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I can really appreciate your pages, and I like how you illustrated the good and bad emotions with color and shape, not to mention the actual up and downs the direction of the eye takes you. We have all been on that roller coaster with you, just sitting in different seats is all! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Dawn said...

I love this page BJ, it truly speaks to me! I am definitely with you on the rollercoaster emotions front and can easily say that its daily lol. You have captured the sentiment and challenge superbly sweetie.
Huge hugs x x x x

Julia S-W said...

I completely agree with you BJ. I don't see life as being totally full of wonderful emotions - there are always ups and downs in life and they are often so interwoven it's impossible to keep them apart. I love your pages and I think your journalling is reaching a new level. The composition is really fab.
Juliaxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, I can't disagree with you either - life is just a series of ups and downs and, personally, I wouldn't want it to be all highs anyway ... I'm not sure it would be comfortable being up there on the crest of a wave all the time - too exhausting :) Love your pages - lots of great colour and interesting texture. Elizabeth xx

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, I think you have summed up life for most of us on your lovely pages.... Crafty hugs, Anne x

Breesmimi said...

HI BJ, love your page and you nailed it with the emotion thing. I'm behind today but I wanted to let you know I've tagged you for a game of blog-tag. I'll be posting the details tonight and I'd love if you would play along. It's a great way to get to know one another and other bloggers too!

Gwen said...

I like how you did your page! Great ideas and honesty! I liked the surfing quote, too!

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous page. I agree with you about the ups and downs but because sometimes I get hooked on the downs I thought it would be good to concentrate on the ups. However the whole point of a Starting Point is that the questions can take you wherever is good for you.