About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 15 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #15

 Today's theme on "An Attitude of Gratitude" is MUSIC. Oh how I love worship music and my favourite song as the moment just has to be, "Your Love Never Fails" by the Jesus Culture. Go on have a listen, only 5 mins!

The technique to use some music paper - well would you believe I just found a wad of old sheet music at a charity shop only this week! Someone is shining on me.

Even the sheet music I chose had some inspirational words, "There'll come a day when the clouds roll away, and the sun will be shining anew"

Anyway I used white paint dabber to cover my paper which I covered my whole page with. I  did some inking and stenciling and diecutting then thought, a spritz with perfect pearls...

BAD idea, it pooled so I wiped it off and off came all the inking I had just done! Oops! But going by the words in the song, "All things work together for my good" I plodded on... I inked again and added perfect pearls "powder" this time and some cosmic shimmer and some stamping and rearranged the diecuts and scripture words.

Stuck is all down and even sprayed it with hairspray! I realise now why I was never satisfied with it before, because the white paint seems to bleach away the brightness of the colours. I painted on some yellow dylusions but I think even that will go in time. Oh well I tried.
 
Note to self - DON'T use white paint underneath stuff if you want bright colours!
2nd Note to self - HALFWAY through challenge!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, so interesting to see the various transitions your pages go through before you are satisfied with them - or not, as the case may be. I love the end result, the little stars are fab as are the music notes, and the ornate stamping in the corners is a great finishing touch. It's all a learning process and with these exercises you seem to be learning a lot :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx PS: it was serendipity to find those music sheets.

Gwen said...

Lovely pages! How cool you had just found that sheet music. It turned out great!

Dawn said...

Brilliant page BJ, fortune was definitely shining on you with your charity shop find. I love the way you have documented the whole process, good and not so good, you poor thing, how flippin frustrating (I did something similar the other day in my AB, lol paint wash over the top of some stamping but I'd used the wrong ink - arrrrrrggggghhhh!!), so fab to see how you didn't give up but found a way to make it work in the end. I love the finished result.
Huge hugs x x x x

Bernice Hopper said...

Love what you did with your page today

SandeeNC said...

I think it looks fantastic, you did a fabulous job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)