About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #28

Two more days to go on "An Attitude of Gratitude". Today's theme is Seasons, which is just as I am doing my Altered Book cover which is also on Seasons - how cool is that?

The technique - to use household objects for printing on your page! I knabbed the dough cutters from my son's old playdough set but the thing I love the most to print with is a wheel from his lego set. Yep - my all time favourite thing and I keep one in my craft drawer at all times!

I sprayed my page green with perfect pearls heirloom gold top left and pearl bottom right. Of course I taped the seem beforehand (don't want anymore Day 5 seepage) and used some torn pieces of tape on the page too.

I printed a lego wheel road/fence and hoped the cutters would make good houses. Unfortunately they didn't print too well so I filled in with a brush! I made the seasons in the meadow left to right. I used the end of my paintbrush for the yellow, cheated and painted the red. I used scrunched up paper for the brown and added pearl stars top right.

I added my scripture which says not to get weary of doing good as you will reap in due season if you don't give up. Have to say I am getting a tad weary of this daily journaling and nearly lost it when I spilt the green ink all over my desk and it splashed on the floor, bed valance, quilt, carpet and my watch! But I am determined to finish the challenge.

Two more days to go ................

3 comments:

Ali H said...

Hi BJ - thanks for stopping by & glad that you could see he Friendship bag writing - albeit with a bit of squinting !! Disaster on the ink front - just trying to envisage how ink got on the valence !! Hope it will come out Journalling each day for a month is a might task - well done you !! I start on Journal Your Christmas on Saturday - hoping photos & text won't be so tough to keep up - although now you have planted a seed in my mind, I might do a couple of art journal pages too !! Take care & hope the ink gives in gracefully ! Ali x #24

Gwen said...

BJ, I love how you made your page! Great interpretation of the theme and use of the household objects. I am SO going to get a Lego wheel out of the kids' old stash! Amazing idea!
I ran out of steam today, we have a craft sale for our church on Friday and Saturady and I've been trying to get some tags, banners, gift cards, etc. ready for that. Not enough time in the day. I will probably do 2 days tomorrow. So close to the end, I'm not giving up now. Yes, journaling every day has been a challenge but I'm glad I did it! I do miss making cards, though! But the best part has been getting to know you and Bernice!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I’ve not been around much lately. I finally got my head out of my basement so I could stop by!

You did an excellent job with both the theme AND the use of household items. I've heard of Legos, but never seen one OR a lego wheel. I can see why it's a fav.