About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #20

Hi Folks, well we are now two thirds of the way through Bernice's challenge  - "An Attitude of Gratitude" I ordered myself some stencils last night as they seem to be used a lot in journaling.

Today's technique is to make your own stamp and the video showed you how to do this with, yes you guessed it, a stencil! I have made a few before using Funky Foam and diecut shapes (two pink ones in the photo) so decided to make another one like this instead.

Unable to get hold of the Dylusion leaf boarder stencil as it was out of stock and also their stamp border set I thought I'd attempt to make one myself from the Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings strip die.

Have to say I am quite impressed at how it worked out. The Funky Foam only needs one run through the Cuttlebug to get a good cut. I cut 2 of each and stacked them up to get a thicker foam diecut. I cut a piece of wood from a baton and sanded the edges and glued the Funky Foam on.

You can even make shapes in the foam with an embossing tool, in my case for the veins of the leaves. I used 1st and 2nd generation stamping to get the solid and then outline impressions. Yes jolly pleased with the result.

All this and still nursing a red nose, so did I laugh (and cough) when I saw the theme for today! HEALTH - Just had to make my page Black & Blue as that is how I feel with all the little things I seem to get. Saying that, I have to be thankful that nothing is serious.

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so appreciate everything you can make using that die cutting machine. Very impressive. These leaves make a great stamp, too. It looks good as a border.

Please get better soon. I'm REALLY glad it's not serious.

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, sorry to hear that you are still suffering and yes I did have a small giggle at the theme for today, given your cold.......

You are so inventive to create your own stamps like that, very impressed and a wonderful result too! Love your pages today. A x

Dawn said...

Amazing job with the stamp making BJ, I'm well impressed. The finished result of all that work is perfect on your gorgeous journal page and I'm sure it won't be the last time we see your stamp on show, it makes a beautiful border.
Hope you start recovering soon sweetie.
Huge hugs x x x x

SandeeNC said...

Well, here is a continued wish that your feeling better soon! I love the leaf border stamp you created, I agree, it turned out awesome! I've never attempted making my own stamp so wtg you! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Julia S-W said...

Love how your stamp turned out BJ. I particularly like the lighter stamped leaves on the left (2nd gen).
Not surprised you feel black and blue - that cold is giving you a real beating.
Juliax

Gwen said...

Wow!! You rocked this challenge!! Way to go on an awesome page.

Bernice Hopper said...

I love the stamp you have made. Hope you'll feel better soon

Gwen said...

Here is a link to the silicone hotpad. I saw one in WalMart and thought it would make a great background stamp:
http://www.legourmetchef.com/Temp_Products.cfm?CatType=N&RankThis=Y&SCatType=N&SCategory=&catname=&clearance=Y&sku=03047009