About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #21

The theme today on "An Attitude of Gratitude" is Celebrations and to use wrapping paper for the technique. Having seen Bernice's lovely balloons I wanted to do something bright and cheerful with loads of colour. Hmmmm?? I pondered a while and went shopping!


When I got back I got my wrapping papers out, well the bag of bits anyway, still have papers from my son's Christening some 13 years ago! perhaps you'd call me a hoarder! Thought I'd cut out parcel shapes, so pondered some more and had lunch.

Then the light bulb moment hit, I'd use parcel stamps on the paper and then cut out and arrange on my page - horrah it worked and now I have a bright and colourful Celebrations page.

And finally my stencils arrived too, thought you might like a shufty.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your bright and cheerful page today BJ, brilliant lightbulb moment to use the stamps on your wrapping paper, it works beautifully.
Oooh enjoy your stencils, what a fab collection (and lovely crafty parcel!). I have quite a few now and have to say that they are very well loved and used, Tando do a great selection if you fancy a peek.
Hope you are feeling better sweetie?
Huge hugs x

Elizabeth said...

Those wrapping papers look very colourful spread out like that and the final page is fabulous. Love all the parcels.

Your new stencils are terrific too.

Hope you've had a good WOYWW, despite your cold. Elizabeth x #112

Ali H said...

Hi thanks for stopping by! Sorry the friendship bag isn't legible as it is great fun ! Love your page - great fun! I have just bought the poppies & border leaf masks - we obviously have very similar (excellent!) taste! Ali # 21

Gwen said...

BJ! I LOVE this! I could look at it over and over again! What a brilliant idea to make all those packages! So, so happy!

Bernice Hopper said...

Your parcels look great

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I almost missed yesterday because my out-of town weekend guests were arriving. I'm not sure what parcel stamps are, but I like those packages. This really IS a colorful page.

BTW, I'm jealous of those stencils (grin).

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Fabulous idea! I love the stack of gifts. :)