About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 16 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #16

 
Gosh - didn't think I'd get anything done today as I seem to have yet another cough/cold on top of the one I got a month ago which never really went away!
 
Today's theme on "An Attitude of Gratitude" is RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) and the technique is to stamp using masks. Here we go again, I thought I didn't have many stencils but I have even less masks. The only two I do have are Tim Holtz ones which have a sticky backing! 
Anyway I had a go, I attempted to stamp the mask on the right hand boarder, I used it as a mask on the left hand side. Stamping with Distress inks on top of Distress Stains doesn't exactly work! I then had a go stamping with a cog diecut I had cut in acetate. I tried paint this time, slightly better, but not sure I will bother trying this technique again. I used up the rest of the paint on my craft mat with ordinary stamps.
 
Anyway for the theme of RAK, thought I'd use some items crafters have kindly sent me recently, such as the picture from my "happy-mail" from Bernice; the fibres and flowers from Dawn and the real watch parts my husband bought me a few weeks back (just as I had mentioned it!!). Oh and the journal I am working in was hand made by Dawn too - I love it.
 
Think I need to go lie down in a dark room now.
 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Awe bless you, lovely words sweetie. I love your page, loads of techniques and fab colours. Your 'have a go' attitude is brilliant my lovely.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Huge hugs x x x x

Bernice Hopper said...

I agree it isn't the most successful technique I've ever tried but it's useful to know what you're never going t o try again amongst the great number of techniques available

Gwen said...

Your page turned out great even though that technique wasn't an easy one. It didn't work for me, either! Great shapes and interest.