About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 11 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #11

 Today's thought on "An Attitude of Gratitude" was about things you have learned. The techinque - a messy one - Vaseline Resist! I was a bit dubious about the vaseline as I wasn't sure how my pages would take it but piled in yet again!


I don't have many nice paints so was left with grey, oh well..... and worse still I only have 2 stencils not counting the few I have made since starting this challenge. Really needed one with not too big holes so plumped for the alphabet one, and did just a small boarder top and bottom - just incase!


Well the Vaseline didn't make too much of a mess. It hardly showed through the previous page and not too bad on the following page.


As for the things I have learned - well the grey turned out to be the right colour after all, as I have learned that life just isn't black and white most of the time. And the pink pearlescent "clouds", well they seem to represent the happy sparkles in life.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh, BJ, this turned out so great! Way to jump in and try it. I'm going to give it a try on a scrap first!
Your page is wonderful and your lesson is oh so true!

SandeeNC said...

I love the soft colors, I think it turned out beautiful. I've not heard of a vaseline resist except in distressing furniture, but it sure looks great on paper too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, BJ, that's just marvelous - love how the colours turned out just right for you and I like the idea of having pink clouds and happy sparkles in life - brilliant :)) I've tried the vaseline technique - with some success - but I'd not have the courage to do it straight onto a journal page ... just in cases :) Elizabeth xx

Bernice Hopper said...

Well done. Your whole page is great. I'm impressed with how far you have come since day 1 with art journaling.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Yes! I like the grey. :) Wonderful page!