About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 25 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #25

Today's theme on "An Attitude of Gratitude" is Creation and the technique a messy one - glue stick resist! I tried out the technique on an ATC first using some background stamps but they were quite a bother to clean!

I really liked Bernice's sunburst stamp, so thought I could make my own as I have just bought a big rubber for doing just that! And I wouldn't worry so much about the cleaning of it afterwards!

I chopped up the rubber with a kitchen knife and then drew the pattern and chipped away at it with my craft knife!

Here it is after a liberal dose of Pritt Stick!! Hmmm I don't think Pritt Stick is a good alternative to the Ranger collage glue stick!

I did the top layer of my page with the technique, but as I hate messy and especially the rubbing off kind, as I tend to ruin my paper pages this way, I reverted to stamping for the rest of the page.

I added some stamping, sequins, cutouts and thereby created the world in an afternoon!
 
Thought you might like to see how I use up scraps of paper in my trusty typewriter for the words. The ATC ended up being a place to clean my stamps, although not too bad, can add to it sometime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this are the tools I recently bought. I like them. I know there are more, but for now I have not found the name. Check the list of blogs I follow There is a girl from Spain that has some tutorials name Ishta Olvera and another lady that lives in México (she is very popular) Geaninne. They have tutorials and Geannine has a book that I planned on buy soon. Thank you and I hope this works..

Ups, I almost forget, here is the link of the tools I use
http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-linoleum-cutters

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well, I am finally caught up on reading your Gratitude pages. When I enlarged the finished piece, I saw a LOT of texture in that resist technique. Very nicely done, and well done using your craft knife to cut your rubber stamp. I'm super impressed. Nice ATC, too!

Bernice Hopper said...

I'm really impressed that you made your own stamp for this

Gwen said...

BJ, this is amazing! You did a great job and your page is just wonderful! Love how you "recreated" the world in one afternoon! LOL! Your comments on my blog surely brighten my days!!