About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 16 November 2012

TH #11 - November Tag

After alot of pondering this month, I have finally made my Tim Holtz November Tag. I had made a previous attempt a while back but that went decidedly pear shaped and made a trip to bin land!

My main stopper this month was the lack of a tall solid stamp to try the resist technique. In the end the trees came to the rescue and I was quite amazed at how the ironing lifted the embossing powder onto the scrap paper. I did wrap it all in grease proof paper as I don't have a craft only iron, so I hope that did the trick and my clothes don't end up.........no I'm not going down there!!

I had had my fill of Autumnal Tags as I did a few last month so I just had to do something different. I had picked up a little stamp of a leaping deer back in the Spring and thought my diecut deer could be dreaming of flying, hence the word "DREAM". With the blues, pinks and purples the sky ended up looking like the aurora borealis with a dusting of newly falling snow, painted on with my newly commandeered paint brushes of my son's as he doesn't use them anymore.

I'm really pleased with my tag especially as it was a long time coming for me.



14 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, I love the innovative way you have put your tag together, that sky is an amazing colour too. Just about to attempt mine but I don't have an appropriate stamp either......
Hugs, Anne x

Dawn said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful tag sweetie, I love it. Superbly crafted as always, you can really see how much you fun you had making it too.
Huge hugs x

Sunshine Girl said...

Its wonderful - go check out T!ms blog.....

Larissa Heskett said...

CONGRATS on winning for November!! YEAH!! Your tag is BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Julia S-W said...

Not sure how I missed this one but many congratulations because it is a fantastic tag. This is my favourite out of all of your work so far.
Juliaxx

Redanne said...

Hi BJ - well done on your win! Ooh, another parcel will arrive from across the pond now! Hugs, Anne x

Unknown said...

Wow...I just love how your tag turned out! The sky colors are so stunning! Congrats on your win :)

Anonymous said...

Saw that you were a winner over on Tim's blog and had to pop over to say congrats! ~ Laura (WOYWWer)

Julie S said...

Congrats on your win. Your tag is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! What a lovely tag.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your win - your tag is fab and certainly merits it. Elizabeth xx

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Congratulations on being one of the winners! Great job.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a gorgeous celestial sky...so magical...perfect for Santa! Congrats on your win!

Gwen said...

Congrats on your win! Saw someone commented to you to check out Tim's blog and while looking there saw your name! And now you have a journal page to match your winning tag!