About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

WOYWW #182 - Cards DONE!

It's wednesday and time for the blog hop (snoop) of the week at Julia's WOYWW. Well what have I been up to this week then? I have finally cracked the Christmas card making and made 33 from last year's Papermania Enchanted Christmas kit (must have bought it in the January sales methinks). They still need finishing off which is why they are still on my desk. A few more here Day#22.

There's my journal with a remake of my November Timmy Tag as the theme was dreams and it just worked for that. Here's a close up Day#26. I have made a couple of ATCs to try out techniques too.

Also the beginnings of my Altered Book Cover. I had some good comments last week saying the design was OK so I went ahead and stuck the pieces on, slapped on some texture paste and primed it with grey acrylic. Might take a while to finish, but I'll keep you all updated as I go.

Oh and the pink thing is a piece of rubber I chopped up and carved with a craft knife to make my own stamp which I used in my journal on Day#25. It worked pretty well so I have made a Christmas reques for some lino cutters and lino sheets to have more of a go at making some stamps, mainly backgrounds so nothing too fancy.



26 comments:

SandeeNC said...

33 Christmas cards!! awesome progress, you have been a busy little crafter lately! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

okienurse said...

congrats on getting all those beautiful cards done! I am getting ready to start! ;-( I love crafting but hate to be on a time line. WOYWW isn't up yet but thought I would post anyway. Have a great week. Vickie

scrappymo! said...

you have been one very busy girl...I feel lazy in return!
The tag is gorgeous. I am drooling over it!!!

Ali H said...

So much action this week - I am very impressed with all those cards (see my post for a shameful confession !!!) well done you ! Great to see all your projects ! Ali x #24

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow 33 cards - I am impressed! I still havent made one yet, love your journal cover too - I will be back to have a peek at them all soon. Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl #25

Helen said...

I think (think!) I have finished all the cards I need to make too, a few need the inside greeting stamping. Love your desk today, it looks very productive and I shall watch the book cover with interest. helen, 8

Sue said...

Well done on making such a dent in the Christmas card making - those magazine kits make life a lot easier, don't they.
Have a great week.
Sue

Neil said...

I gave up on making cards this year for overseas so snuck off to the shops. To be fair, I find it frustrating sending cards overseas as fairly regularly they don't reach their destination ! You've definitely been busy though.
Neil#10

Glenda said...

Boy you have been a busy little crafter! 33 cards must be some kind of record! Happy WOYWW!

Annie said...

Busy busy busy :-) Such fab makes too.
Hugs,
A x #42
ps I'm hoping you will 'like' me [check out my blog for more info]

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW
Glad to see I am not the only one with Christmas Cards. Somehow dragging my feet with them but they are done.
Loving the journal and the Tag

Jacqui Chimes said...

Wow faulous productivity Jacqui #79

Unknown said...

Hi BJ - Love your Tim Tag - the background is definitely dreamy. You reminded me I haven't done mine this month - can't fall at the last hurdle - better get a wiggle on! Happy WOYWWW to you from Helen 37

Laura said...

Wow! That's a lot of cards, well done you!
Carving your own stamps sounds fun... don't think I'm adventurous enough though!
Happy Wednesday
Laura
73

MiniOwner said...

What a lovely row of cards - well done! They look fab. :0) Happy Wednesday.
Sue x (MiniOwner@41)

Unknown said...

Fabulous getting all those Christmas cards done and ready!
Carol N #97

Apryl said...

Beautiful work! Good for you getting all those cards done :)

#17

Apryl

Caz said...

Someone else making cards from last year's Xmas stash!!!
Lots of interesting busy-ness going on here! Love it!!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#127

Nan G said...

Busy busy lady! Love the journal cover so far, the tag is cool and the book page looks really cool! Happy WOYWW! Nan 114

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah well done BJ...cards done, that's a great amount of work out of the way before it starts getting overwhelming! Loving the start on your AB cover...the texture is amazing.

Laurart said...

Well done on the cards! Happy WOYWW Laura xxx

Ginny Maxam said...

Cards done yay!!! I've got 44 more to go!!
HApyy week!
Ginny #103

Spyder said...

o.m. goodness all those Christmas cards done, well done!! and they all look fabulous!!Thanks for my snoop!Happy VERYlate woyww ((Lyn)) #28

Ps This weeks freebie mouse is here

Unknown said...

way to go gal!! 34 catds and a journal in the making...I am impressed and that desk does not look too messy either!

MiniOwner said...

So pleased you are getting your jailer's rings for the start of your Washi tape collenction. The best place I've found for tape is also on Ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Not-Just-Nails/WASHI-TAPE-DECORATIVE-TAPE-/_i.html?_fsub=3956075018&_sid=35196148&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
Sue x (aka MiniOwner)

Elizabeth said...

Love the way you have lined your cards up - they look fabulous.And your journal is wonderful - love the page you've got open and the tag is a winner :) I'm still making my late way round WOYWW land but enjoying the trip. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #67