About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

WOYWW #181 - Red Nose!

Hi everyone and welcome to the mega desk hop known as WOYWW courtesy of our host Julia. Do pop along to her blog to join the fun.

I have been suffering this week with a head cold, hence the tissue box. My mini wheelie bin has come in jolly useful for all the cast off tissues! And Rudolph had to make an appearence as my nose is in direct competition with his!!

I have been resting which equates to crafting this past week and have added 9 posts in that time. Seven for my daily journal challenge at "An Attitude of Gratitude", one for Children in Need and at last my Tim Holtz November Tag - Horrah!

Being very short on stencils/masks and finding that Art Journaling uses them alot I ordered a few last night. Been on the look out for a suitable container for them and have finally settled for an old Ferrero Rochet box which is just the right size for the large Tim Holtz Masks and of course all smaller ones. I even came across my little bag of brass stencils from eons ago, building up a nice collection now.

Oh and here's a possible layout for my Altered Book cover not sure yet... awaiting the last installment on the course. And I tied a ribbon round my fabric scissors as I have since acquired my son's set of paintbrushes which he doesn't use anymore and hasn't even noticed I have acquired - 'nough said! All which meant that I had to move the scissors from the paintbrush pot. My new heat tool has come in might handy with all the Dylusion spraying I have been doing lately, so glad I have that one too. When this cold blows over I'll be dancing too. BJ

28 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Oh BJ, I think that would make a lovely cover for your book! Hope your poor nose feels better soon! I'm not doing WOYWW this week, but am checking up on everyone! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tertia said...

The cover looks great. I started collecting my Copics when my son discarded them for his computer during his architectual studies. It helps to buy them good quality art supplies.
Happy WOYWW
Tertia #8

okienurse said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly this week BJ! I hate colds! I think the Tag is gorgeous and your book cover is great. I need to find something like the Rochet box to hold my stencils but I bought several A2 size and I can't find a box to fit them so they are hanging on the wall in a plastic bag! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #2

sandra de said...

Hope you start to feel better soon. I think we have all acquired left over arty things from family. Crafters can always see the potential in what others no longer use. Love the idea of the "Attitude of Gratitude" aj.
Sandra @18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So glad you felt the Tinglies too. I'm not keen on many of the popular carols, I like the weird and unusual ones and many of the old British folk ones as well!
Your tree sounds as if it's going to be gorgeous! A Cadbury's tree sounds fun :D I will have a bit of fun with those beads..they were so cheap, it doesn't matter if they go wrong!
Hugs, LLJ #36 xx

Sunshine Girl said...

Sorry to hear you arent feeling well - nice tidy desk you have there too! I will hopefully pop back soon and look at all of your gratitude journal pages - I have been too busy with other projects to get involved again but might be able to next week. Sunshine Girl - no. 37

Neil said...

Morning BJ. I agree, a very tasty storage solution for your masks! Your book cover looks fun too. Hope you have a great week.
Neil #34

Helen said...

Sorry you've been poorly but at least you've crafted! Love the cover, if you decide on that! Helen, 9

Laurart said...

The cover looks wonderful - Hope you feel better soon! Happy WOYWW! xxx Laura #51

Ann B said...

Think I could put up with a cold if it meant I created like this. Love your tag and had a closer look on the original post. Eyes drawn to that leaf stamp - not seen that one before, it looks like the Art From the Heart ones but I didn't think they were mounted.
Ann B
#30

Jackie said...

Hope your feeling a bit brighter
I noticed last week a lot of stencil purchases from the nec on people's desks I myself have sorted my stencils out this week as you will see on my desk
Seems its been a stencil buying and sorting out couple of weeks
Jackie 12
Http://scrapbangwallop .blogspot.com

Julia Dunnit said...

I like the potential cover for your AB very much. You must be delighted with your course work! It's reassuring to read that the acquisition of a handful of paint brushes prompts a major pot reorganisation...not just me then! Hope you start to feel much better very soon!

Anonymous said...

I missed retuning your visit last week so you are on my list for this week!

I was just looking back to see your leafy stamp - I did this too, and it works a treat. I really like the shape of yours. and you SO need masks - they are ever so useful. But do look around - one of my faves is a teflon grid thing from the £ store that makes a great repeated square, and a match circle stencil from Staples (about £2) and works amazingly well :)

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (16)

MiniOwner said...

Good morning! Hope this finds you with a less red nose - poor you. Liking the look of your cover. Thanks so much for your visit to my desk earlier - the jailer's rings I bought are from Ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110819142093
Happy Wednesday. :O)
Sue x (MiniOwner@23)

Spyder said...

Your journalling looks great, hope your cold gets better soon, I LOVe Rudolph! So cute! Happy WOyWw!?! have a great crafty week (((Lyn))) #42 (it was...but it changes!)

Nan G said...

Cool cover! Love the tag in the background. And the leaf stamp you're using. Who is that from? Feel better soon. Nan 93

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness, that tag is just wnderful...fills you with the spirit of Christmas!
Sorry to hear that you don't feel well...
So appropriate that your journal page is health...great page by the way.

You asked how many cards Have finished. I have 23 finished and the fronts done for about 7 more...
Fairly soon now I need to switch to the smaller Cnadian sized regular mail card as I used to mail out about 50 cards each year and hand deliver the bigger, thicker, fancier cards at the Christmas parties we attend in the season.

This year I am paring my list down...I feel mean but cousins who never return a card are "poof" off the list! If I could get it down to about 55 in total i would be happy...so about 25 more to go.
Next year I am going to do the Christmas challenges all year so i have them all done...I think I will enjoy if more.
Healthy hugs to you from Canada!

Jacqui Chimes said...

Love Rudolph - I,m still trying to get in the Christmas spirit. Hope your cold improves soon. Jacqui #96

Sandi McLean said...

Nothing more miserable than a cold but if it affords crafting time then yahoo! Love your little rudolph..it is visiting on WOYWWs that has put me into the holiday mode! Sandi #105

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a bummer that you've been ill. I know the red-nosed reindeer feeling all too well. I hope you are on the mend soon. I think that would make a fab cover for your altered book. I never really thought about it, but I can see stencils and masks being must have items for altered books. There is my excuse for not doing them---more supplies!

Bernice said...

Oh I can certainly sympathise - hope you are feeling better soon!
Bernice #123

Unknown said...

Hope your feeling better, lots of horride bugs around at the mo, love mr reindeer, thanks for the snoop

hugs
judie NO-70 xx
www.crafty-emblies.org

trisha too said...

Oh bleah, sorry to hear about your Rudolph nose--feel better soon! Your book layout looks wonderful.

:)trisha
#122ish this week

Lucy said...

Super cute Rudolph! Love the rubber stamp you are using, the book looks great! x

Lou said...

That reindeer is so cute, my daughter would love that. Your book looks lovely.

Happy WOYWW

Lou #99

Renee B. said...

Oh my, that tag is gorgeous & so is the cover of your journal. Hope you are feeling better soon...nothing worse than trying to color with a drippy nose! I have been trying to find a storage solution for my stencls...thanks for the tip...now, I'm going to have to munch on all those lovely Ferrero's!
Hugs, Renee
#125

belldoubleyou said...

Rudolph is sure cute, but the reindeer-y tag next to him is absolutely beautiful!

Queen Lightwell said...

Sorry you've been feeling poorly...hope you're all better soon/now! :) And on a completely different note, I saw someone take that reindeer die and turn the shape into a flamingo, pretty cool, huh? Well, I'm easily impressed! lol Take care and get well soon, Deeyll #76