About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 18 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #18


Today's prompt was Memories and the technique too use old packaging. All on the "An Attitude of Gratitude" challenge blog.

The colours weren't at all what I'd intended but I was lead by the packaging from some Andy Skinner stamps from which I punched the boarder on the right and diecut the "Memories" and wings. The birds were diecut from an old clothing tag.

I'm sure my "Old Paper" distress stain is having an identity crisis as on the bottle it is definitely a pale brownish colour but this is decidedly pale green! I used "Shaded Lilac" distress ink for the shading and stamping. I just had to add an elephant as I remember so much! I balanced the silver with an embossed boarder on the left and some peel-off spots and silver glitter.

Off to tend to my Rudolph nose as I am full of cold - Sigh.

4 comments:

SandeeNC said...

It's a gorgeous page and I hope you feel better soon my friend! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Dawn said...

Another beautiful page sweetie. I love your recycling, done to great effect. Your attention to detail is as superb as ever, all the little extras create a fantastic finish.
Hope you feel lots better soon too.
Huge hugs x x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OH BJ, thank you, thank you, thank you. Yes, I've been here and saw all your book pages, the darling card, and your Tim Tag. But I didn't see yesterday's post. So glad I saw your comment and dropped by. BTW, I love all those gears!!

You are doing a super job with Attitude of Gratitude. I know you will finish, too. You've come to far to not post, now. Of course, that cold might slow you down a bit, but I bet you'll find a way to make it all happen. Seems like you always do!

Gwen said...

This is so pretty! Great colors and cut outs. I like the border a lot. Hope your cold is getting better!