About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #06

How brave am I? If you saw yesterday's installment of Bernice's Gratitude Journal Challenge, you'll have seen the pickle I got into with my Dylusions! So why would I be using them AGAIN! I covered my journal in wax backed paper as usual, but not taking any chances this time, I taped the seam!

I enjoyed the inking and spraying and blotting safe in the knowledge I wouldn't be getting any seam seepage and I didn't - YIPPEE!

Today's scripture was about being heavy laden and having been watching Andrew Marr's History of the World and just seen the Industrial Revolution episode, what else would do but Steampunk!

11 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

One way is to put masking tape along the seam and then put a thin layer of gesso on it. I love the colours you used and I'm glad you haven't given up on your Dylusions because they are luscious.

Karen said...

Such a shame you had problems yesterday but you are working round them luckily! Another gorgeous page BJ xxx

Dawn said...

Beautiful page sweetie, your inking techniques are superb, I love your background.
Huge hugs x x x x

Gwen said...

LOVE THIS!!!! You did an amazing job on these pages! Love the blueprint-ish corners! How did you cut your letters?

SandeeNC said...

Love it, fabulous job! waving hi from the the hills of North Carolina :)

Redanne said...

Your pages are amazing BJ, you must feel very proud - wow, gorgeous colours - so lovely. A x

Alica said...

so cool! love the colors -and great idea covering the pages :)
Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Beverley Baird said...

Lovely journal pages - love the colours!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

My inks ran all over as well. :) The tape is a good idea. Great journal page!

Breesmimi said...

BJ, this is a wonderful page. Love the stamps in the background and your colors as well.

Julia S-W said...

Wow BJ, this is a wonderful journal spread. I love the use of stamping and the masks. Of course, I'm in love with dylusions anyway so you get my vote on those. Great design.
Lovely to see you joining us at Anything But A Card again.
Juliaxx