About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 23 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #23

On "An Attitude of Gratitude" today the theme is family and friends. I loved the quote about friends so just had to do that as well as the scripture today. The technique was to use stitching in some form, real or faux.


I printed off the 2 sentiments and cut in heart shapes and stuck on card and inked and then got the sewing machine out and stitched round the edges. All doing OK so far.
For the background I used some old dress pattern pieces as a collage (gift from a bloggy friend). I distress stained the backing, inked the edges and dusted some cosmic shimmer over it. Yes - the backing came out well, but it all went down hill from there...
 
I crackle painted the hearts which unfortunately made some of the printed words bleed underneath! I pressed on. I added the lace from the back and this made some of the crackle chip off! I reprinted the words and placed ontop of the smudged ones. I made the font one point smaller but overdid the paper trimming so the underneath shows (have printed more to rectify that later)
 
All in all a quite frustrating time with it today, bit like the rest of my day - Ho Hum - Sigh.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

BJ, this turned out so pretty! I love how you applied the pattern tissue paper! More small pieces look so good! Sorry it was hard to complete, I kind of had a page like that today, too! I think I should have gesso'd my page before I did the transfer. The paper was stuck to my page and then I tried to stamp around the verse with a die and it didn't work at all so I had to cut a frame instead. I guess we learn to just keep going until it works out!

Bernice Hopper said...

I love the way you have one this page

Julia S-W said...

Love the use of the paper pattern in the background BJ. Really good to see some stitching too!
Juliax

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I'm three days behind. It's been a difficult time, but now most of my out of town guests are gone. Just one remains, and she doesn't demand my attention.

I really like how you have overcome the problem you worked yourself into. You have NO idea how often that happens to me, then I have to try to find a viable way to overcome it.

Of course, I love the layout, including the stitches. Bringing in the dress pattern background adds to the prompt theme, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I'm three days behind. It's been a difficult time, but now most of my out of town guests are gone. Just one remains, and she doesn't demand my attention.

I really like how you have overcome the problem you worked yourself into. You have NO idea how often that happens to me, then I have to try to find a viable way to overcome it.

Of course, I love the layout, including the stitches. Bringing in the dress pattern background adds to the prompt theme, too.

Sherry said...

Hi BJ, that really is sooo annoying when smudges happen - know the feeling well. Overall though I think the page looks great, the tissue pattern paper looks fab, especially with the creases in it.

Love the lace around the hearts too.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx