About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 26 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #26

On "An Attitude of Gratitude" today the theme is Dreams and the technique to make your own Washi Tape. Couldn't resist but to replicate my November Timmy Tag as it has the word Dream and I just love its dreamy feel.



The scripture today was very similar to day #24 so I changed it to the dream of Jacob of the stairway to heaven resting on the earth. Have to say my dreams aren't really the earthly kind, more of the life to come, so this was quite fitting for me. Would love some angel wings and to sore above the clouds.

I made some Washi Tape using DST (double sided tape) and some tissue paper. I stamped it with distress but it just soaked into the paper. Versa colour wasn't much better. Only having 3 colours of Archival (Black, Coffee & Sepia) I used then used them all on it as well and it wasn't that bad in the end.

Have to say that using Tim Holtz's hashed stamp on the backing, as was in his technique this month really makes a difference. Love this technique and hope I remember to use it more often.

And finally an update on the ATC I made yesterday. My husband said it reminded him of one of his cycling routes so I added a bike to it and gave it to him.

PS - Have since added a darker edge round my page - knew it was missing something.

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Wow, BJ, I just love your journal and the matching tag, the colors are so soft and pretty! You did a fantastic job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Gwen said...

BJ, this is just spectacular! I love it! The whole layout is just gorgeous! Funny you used that deer today. I JUST got the set in the mail today and was using him to make a Christmas card tonight! Are there dies to cut him out or did you do it by hand?
I think I biffed my page today, nothing worked right and it is just very indistinct.
Hope tomorrow turns out better. I have to take my dad to the dr. and then have to paint some stuff at church in the evening so don't know when I'll get at my page.