About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #14

 First fortnight on "An Attitude of Gratitude" and today we are looking at education. The technique was to use Liquid Pearls through a stencil to create a raised impression.

Oops no liquid pearls and I even had to look them up to see what they were. Some said glue, some said paint, both said pearlescent. So I tried both. Yes I actually "TRIED" the technique first on this ATC, which is a first - LOL.
 
As you can see my gold Cosmic Shimmer PVA worked a treat, so too the thick Pearl Dabber but my other pearlescent paint was a washout - far too runny. So you need something quite thick and tacky for this technique.
I learned that you need a FLAT surface to work on, so my right hand side worked well but the left hand side with all the bumps from the previous pages was a bit messy. Also, as this is a glue, that if you aren't quick enough it will stick the stencil to the page and lift/tear the paper - bother!
 
Oh and I also remembered that I had some brass stencils from way back from the beginning of my crafting adventure, possibly some 7yrs ago. The alphabet one came in very handy today.

8 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That looks fabulous! I don't have that pearly stuff either. Will have to come up with something. :)

scrappymo! said...

teeheeeheeee
I have new progressive lenses...I thought it said you had brass stencils from 75 years ago!!!
Well if that were true you would be a millionare selling your secrets for looking so young!
Your journal looks good. The gold is definitely the best.

Dawn said...

Fab page sweetie, loving the technique you have demonstrated so beautifully. Tee hee, another one to go on my 'must try' list.
Huge hugs x x x x

Ali H said...

Hi thanks for stopping by -great cards &how cute is that wheelie bin! You asked how I store my stencils & masks -well I put them into poly pockets in a 4 ring binder. Very easy to flip through & choose one that you like. Sounds like you had a fun sticky time making your page! I love getting messy!

Gwen said...

Great pages! Way to go with the technique, love how it turned out!

Unknown said...

Wow I love the colors you used. You do awesome job with your pages.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the great info you have given and love the colours u have used you have motivated me to find out more thank you
Jackie57

Bernice Hopper said...

I'm so impressed that you experimented with the different media you own. Well done